View Single Post
      12-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #47
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Got a limp mode yesterday at 230 km/h when stepping off the gas (some dumbo changing lanes without using the rearview mirror) and stepping on it a fraction of a second later again, not funny. First limp mode ever I got with my Evotech flash, car didn't respond to the throttle, had to switch off the engine and start it again. Ran without problems then, but I'm not too reassured. Of course, as I am getting some longer cranks these days it could also be the dreaded HPFP (or spark plugs? will get them replaced next week), but I hope that's not the case.

Anyway, if it's the flash (and I already got the half-engine light from it one some occasions) then I'm looking forward to the release of GIAC's stage 2+ flash now more than ever.

Happy holidays,

Alpina_B3_Lux
sorry to burst your bubble, but you should fix the problem first by changing out the spark plugs before you think the GIAC 2 flash will fix your problem because that flash is more aggressive than the stage 1...Did you scan the codes thrown when you limped, that would help alot to troubleshoot why you went into limp mode!
Appreciate 0