03-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
You've obviously done a good bit of research on the subject - thanks for posting the links. A lot of food for thought...
The only aspect that slightly concerns me is that the RH records your speed, which, of course, means that you could end up incriminating yourself if you've exceeded the limit and have to present the footage as evidence in court or to support an insurance claim.
If the BV doesn't record speed, that would probably swing it for me.
I suggest we keep each other posted on any new info gleaned.
There is an option in blackvue software that you can hide the speed. I saw that fulcrum already responded to that. That is a plus point.

One thing which is putting me off from BlackVue is that they recommend to reset memory card once/week. There are plenty of people who have never done this and are running BV without issues. But this things puts me off. Not sure about BH and I never got interest in their products.

Re: hard wiring is not necessary as shown in the video.
There are E9X where there are few fuses which have constant +ve and hence it can be connected to the fuse box.
However later models (I am guessing LCIs) switch off all the power to fuse box 20 minutes after locking your car.

So, it depends on your car and abilities.