View Single Post
      11-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #91
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
Dealer overheads and service costs are irrelevant to this argument.

Claiming and charging a time requirement of 3 hours for a 5 min job is fraud. The dealer is free to pull an arbitarily high total cost out of the air and charge it as a flat rate to get the same total cost, but it is illegal to claim time was spent working on something when infact it was not.
Man you guys are thick. I'll type slower so maybe you can understand.

It is not a 5 minute job. There are several people that are involved with the servicing of your car when it is at the dealer. The dealer has operating costs that he has to recover when these people get involved with processing your car through the service department. Instead of giving you an itemized bill for the Service Advisor's time, the car jockey's time, the proportioned cost of the GT1 computer system used to register the battery, the proportioned cost for the heat (or air conditioning) used to keep the service bay at the proper temperature, the proportioned cost for the lighting of the service bay - the SA desk - the cashier's desk, the cashier's time to bill you out, the accountant's time to reconcile your bill and payment at the end of the month, he just bills you for a flat hourly rate of the Tech's time, which includes all of the costs mentioned above.

If you can't understand this simple concept of how a business works, it truly amazes me that you have the wherewithal to purchase, own, and operate a fine automobile such as a BMW.

Whether (you think) the dealer charges a fair price is debateable, but the fact that he has to cover all these costs in the manner described, is not.
Appreciate 0