06-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
Aperture
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Vibration while braking at high speed

I've searched the forums and I havent found a situation exactly like mine, so here goes, hope someone can help.

I have a 2006 325i with 61k miles. About a year ago and some 12k miles I started to feel a vibration while braking from speeds above 55mph. I immediately thought it was warped rotors. I didnt do anything about it at the time because it wasnt that bad.

Now I'm 2 weeks away from doing my first HPDE, so I decided to change the rotors and pads thinking this was the issue. I went with premium centric rotors and cool carbon pads. The vibration is still there!

I took it to my indi and he thinks it may be the upper control arm bushings. Really? So these failed at around 50k miles? Sounds premature. But he tells me that there isnt a sure fire way of testing the bushings for failure, so we'd have to replace them in the hopes that this is indeed the issue. And if that doesnt fix it, look at other possible causes and replace those parts. This is going to get super expensive quick.

I read that some people had similar issues, and that an alignment fixed the problem. My car tracks straight so I dont see how it could be an alignment issue, but is it possible any way?

I'm running out of time as I want this sorted out before my HPDE and would like some input. Please help!
Appreciate 0