View Single Post
      05-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #1639
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjz View Post
Greg - I received my products and got to work on my interior this weekend. Let me first off say that the products you recommended are awesome. Noticeable difference. Now my wife wants me to tackle the interior of her 6 year old mini-van!

A couple of follow-up questions for you....
1) I noticed that on my driver seat some of the leather seemed to "rub off" and a bit of red dye came up from the leather. NOTE: I used Leatherique. I'm guessing this has something to do with the seat being a little worn in a couple of spots. What should I do?

2) I got Leatherique on a few black plastic parts of my 335i. The Leatherique caused some of the matte black finish to "blister and pop". Now revealing a shiny black undercoat. Guessing I should not have let the Leatherique sit on it. Anything I can do?

Thanks again.

-Marc
Marc,

Glad to hear the products overall were a huge success! Others asking you do their vehicle is inevitable when you do good work. Just make sure you are compensated, lol.

As for the Leatherique I'm guessing you may have rubbed a little too hard while working them in. I would only use very light pressure going forward and monitor trouble spots. In general the dye should not be coming off so if it keeps happening you may want to stop or be extra careful. To be safe I would apply the Leatherique with literally my bare hands, since they are softer. I would also use less product so less would need to be wiped away afterward.

In general the Leatherique products work great on vinyl trim. I've used it to treat vinyl that looked overly dull and it can make it look normal again. Since it works so well on vinyl I'm surprised to hear it may have caused any issues on plastics. I've honestly never heard of this type of issue so I'm not sure happened. Leatherique is a gentle all natural formula so I would normally think it was not cause. The marks could have come from something else being used in the vehicle but maybe it was just noticed as you got close to it. If you are certain it was the cause I guess I would just be very careful with the application and only pour it on, don't use a spray top. Sorry I don't have more specifics for you.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0