View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #45
khurmit
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

My install suggestion is as follows - some may consider the process overkill, but in the past I fitted a spoiler to my IS200 and it flapped loose. I had to remove it, get off all old sticky tape on both boot lid and spoiler, re-apply blah blah blah - better to do things right 1st time!

Basically I thoroughly cleaned the area using TFR, clay bar and then the alcohol. The surface was mirror smooth when I was done. Then I placed the spoiler in position without removing backing tape - tried out different positions until I was happy. I then used masking tape to mark the corner positions on the boot.

I then spread the adhesion promoter stuff over the area - it just dries up pretty quickly. Not sure if it made any difference.

Next, I peeled back ~10cm of the backing tape from each end of the spoiler and then set the spoiler in place using my masking tape guidelines. Then I pulled at the already removed backing tape to remove the rest of it whilst spoiler was sat in place.

Prob a good idea not to do this in extreme cold. Mine came out perfectly aligned, and is stuck on very well.
Appreciate 0