Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
move on

don't invite her to your b-day

i'd cut if off cold turkey, don't respond to her texts, don't even communicate with her at all. That will be tough initially, but after a while, you won't even care. Thats the best way (IMHO) to forget about someone. Don't let her jedi mind trick you with the whole "friends thing". That will make you more miserable. Get involved with something such as focus on school, job, a hobby, or go to MFest, etc. Find something to get your mind off the subject.

Just move on with you life, where ever it leads you.
I completely agree with this.

I got into a 3 year relationship when I was 17-18.
The girl cheated on me after 3 years...knew it was going to happen because there were a lot of arguments towards the end.

I cried like a little bitch the night I found out, then the next day I went out and started keeping my mind active. (worked in the car, took out the quad, went out with friends at night).

Best thing to do is keep your mind active at all times.
You need to do this so you can think clearly. Otherwise you will think about her missing you or getting back with her which is the complete opposite of clear thinking.
You NEVER get 'back into' a relationship. It does not work.

Anyway for a year or so I got a lot of hobbies, and after the first few months after the break-up, I went out with A LOT of girls. Never committed to any of them because they were just for fun, I wasn't looking for a headache.
These were all things to keep my mind active and all the juices flowing.

After I had my fun and I was ready to settle down again, I did just that.
After a year (maybe more) of enjoying freedom, I settled down with someone and been with her for 2 years now.

The best advice anyone will ever give you is about being active.
Join a gym, get a dog, make a lot of friends, focus more on school/work.

The worst advice will be one that involves the past such as: talk to her, hang out with her, etc.

What's done is done. Don't beat a dead horse. Move forward in life...she's your past now.

Although this may seem like a big deal now and you justify your depression, think about how you would handle a divorce when you're 30. How about a divorce when you're 40 and you have kids involved?

Suddenly, a break-up at 20 seems like a child's game that has no weight. A