07-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclone07 View Post
Looking into a Bmw and was wondering if you guys could help me assess if this is a decent deal.

$25k +Ttl + "895 dealer prep fee"
2 owner
Sedan
Montego Blue
335i
6sp manual
47602 miles
M sport package
(No aluminum trim)

Car was in a accident ; second owner drove into someone from behind( no pictures or info on extent of damage except no airbags were deployed. Not sure if it was only scratches and what not. This is info from car fax.

Worth looking into or negotiating a price?? The dealer is pretty far away and seem to only want to negotiate in person.

I was originally looking for a coupe but the M package Sedan definitely caught my eye. It's also been pretty impossible to find a coupe with the right combo and color. (Lots of automatics!) I also am aware of the 335 issues and plan on having some cash for repairs saved.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
The one thing I have learned is... car dealerships are in the car sales biz, not the parking lot biz. OP, kindly reply online to said salesman and tell him to keep your email info handy and when he or his dealership is ready to work with you online you might be ready to do business with him if you haven't already purchased a car from someone else. That will get that sales man to bite.

Remember, someone is always selling... either he is selling you to jump thru his hoops or you are selling him to jump thru your hoops. Don't be the sucker... there are plenty of used cars for the buyer to choose from, but the car dealership can only sell what is in their inventory. They need your cash... but you don't need their car

The power is always with you, until you choose to fall for their games in their rules. Never feel afraid to walk away from a deal at the slightest rudeness from a sales guy. They are here for you, you are not here for them!

Final point - This is a used car, there is no "prep" fee, that is the sucker fee. Just ask the salesman what are all the fees he is intending to charge you and ask if those are required fees. Let him know that each of the "fees" he imposes will have an adverse impact on the purchase price of the car. I'm not against "fees" because there is no sales tax on fee's. Sales tax is only on the product (the car). I would rather buy the car for $5 and pay $24,995 in fees... because that means my state sales tax would be on the $5. So if he is gonna charge you $2k in BS fees on a used car... that just means you need to whack $4k on the purchase price of the vehicle and that is non-negotiable because his fees are non-negotiable That is your fee processing fee

- Faz

Last edited by fazman; 07-01-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0