10-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #41
NB_BMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i E92 View Post
Hi All

Finally after 12 months of investigating my rough idle has been fixed.

After having my plugs changed last year my car instantly developed an idle misfire. The car would idle at 600rpm and after a few idle shakes and shivers would then rise to 750rpm.

I stopped in at Darren Woods yesterday to run a test on my lpfp and hpfp (which were fine and well within spec) these were the final two parts on my check list to try to remedy the rough idle.

Whilst plugged in Mike reset the LVS Values, this is a reset that is to be run after changing plugs or coils. (Adaptation of stratification)

Immediately the car started to idle a lot smoother, apparently it can take 500 – 1000 miles to fully adjust but its night and day already and much smoother on idle and acceleration.

The LVS reset is a new test module that appeared on their GT1 diagnostic kit last week. Woods to the rescue once more!!

Hope this helps anyone out there with same issue.
I remember reading your old posts about this, the same is happening to mine. In fact, the guys I bought it off said that they had recently changed the plugs but since it was idling a bit rough and misfiring I got them changed just in case they were lying about changing them.

I'm getting a OBD diagnostic soon that can do the adaption reset.

Thanks for your info! (I'm not will anyone even see this since it's such an old post) and amazing that there is no solution.

Last edited by NB_BMW; 10-30-2015 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0