TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post

That's the OP

"HELP ME BMW ASSIST!! MY STEERING WHEEL IS LOCKED! Even though I've owned numerous cars I still don't know how to unlock a locked steering wheel. I can't believe my state allows me to operate a car. What do I do?"

"Damn you BMW for having a steering wheel that locks like every car built in the world! Now I'm going to bring my car in to the stealership and have them fix my perfectly good steering column cuz I don't know how to function a locking steering wheel"

No wonder BMW owners are looked down upon. When I talk to my SA he tells me what customers bring their cars in for and some of it is the dumbest shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
haha stupid. No offense but if you can't figure out how to unlock your steering wheel w/o calling Assist then maybe you shouldn't have a car.

You are supposed to be able to manually lock your steering wheel when parking on steep grades, thus locking your tires facing the curb so that if the car falls out of park it won't go anywhere. All you do is turn your wheels in the desired direction, turn the car off and turn the wheel in the same direction until it locks. To unlock the steering wheel you just turn it hard in one direction, insert the key and start the car.

If you didn't know this then BMW Assist needs to figure out a way to reach through the speakers, smack you, then take your keys and the title to the car back.
ha ha idiot (no offense of course)....... A common problem / issue which can not be fixed by using traditional ways.... I think I would enjoy watching you try to unlock your wheel and wonder WTF is wrong after trying to figure out what is going on for hours...... Wonder why some BMW owners (cough people like you) are known to be A-Holes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats13 View Post
Interesting approach. Call someone stupid (no offense). For having trouble with a known issue on a car. um HELLO...TURNING THE STEERING WHEEL DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!

People are have their steering wheel replaced because of this issue. To reset my steering wheel after normal straight parking I have had to get out of the car and manually unlock the door with the key in my FOB and then the car starts. So I'm an idiot and should not be driving a BMW cuz I don't know that?

WTF! Are you an arrogant ass in RL or just on message boards(no offense)???
+1
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0