PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMS E90 335i AT

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
The wife and I went. Place was pretty crowded to say the least and very noisy. By very noisy I mean we had to shout at each other across the table to carry on a conversation with each other. So, if fellow BMW guys/gals are going to meet and talk then you should probably go outside in the 99 degree heat to carry on a conversation.

We got there just before 8pm and did not see anything but a full parking lot of all varieties of cars/trucks and a loud crowded bar/restaurant. (I renamed the place from the BrickHouse to Boobs and Beer).

No sign of any BMW guys/gals or even a group of BMW's parked together....guess they were all in disguise?

Now if ya'll already know each other that's great. However, for newbies it's not workable IMHO.

I've been in a Buick Grand National car club for over 12 years and know how club meetings can successfully go and their meets are very different....for regular members and new ones.

Anyway, we got a booth and had a great meal and even better beer. When we left the parking lot we did notice a group of ~ 7+ BMW's parked along side each other on the East side of the pub along the street.

Is this how all the "meet and greats" go?

Not the ones I've been to. The first time you go, you should circle the lot to find where everyone is parked. When we goto Brickhouse, we usually park to the left of it (I guess that's the east side, never thought to check). The past three meets, there have been at least 15 cars there by 8PM. They are always lined up and parked next to one another and generally everyone chats outside for a few before going in to eat.
Appreciate 0