View Single Post
      06-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #56
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chanc3 View Post
Completely agree as i pitch this argument myself.
Even with LUX and other $300 P&P AEs, they won't be as bright as LCIs in the sun. You need complete LED customs like you said.

Not sure if its normal, but for some reason, my stock yellowish AEs are brighter than the P&P bulbs. You can actually see them in broad daylight.
The stock bulbs are not "brighter" but they do appear to be fuller as they have a brown hue which is easier to distinguish against it's clear/chrome housing in direct sun light.

When you have LED's in the color range of 4300-6000K and put them in direct sun light it does not contrast as well as the stock bulbs. However, I can assure most LED options are "brighter" in lumens compared to stock and do look more modern compared to a dull halogen.

I personally ran 3000K Yellow Halogens in my angel eyes for quite some time as they produced the fullest appearance in both rings. By no accident the 6000K halogens didn't look as full but on paper the output of 6000K in lumens far surpassed a 3000K light bulb.

The "whiter" the bulb the more brightness and lumens it will have. The more you stray away from 4300K + or - the less lumens.
Appreciate 0