View Single Post
      04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #21
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

I had LTBMW install my short shifter by LT himself. Great work.

But all of you, I am super surprised you guys take all your insurance claims and work to him.

First, it doesn't take a rocket genius to know that LTBMW is and used to be a one-man shop. It isn't a big company repair shop like Spectrum Collision or other repair shops. It doesn't have expensive ASE certified master techs and body repair. So I bet most of the work as evident by LT himself is contracted out to 3rd party contractors. { Body, paint, detailing work , etc}

Now the responsibility lies in YOU to understand that with the way it is run here, you are likely to get into a Lot of problems or delay so that's to be expected. LTBMW started as a one-man enthusiast shop. It ain't a pep boys or Firestone. So it doesn't have that immediate customer service u can pick up the phone and yell at.

Again, like I said I'm real surprised you guys took your cars for collision repair to them. If insurance was paying me, I would take it to the most expensive and quality BMW certified collision repair shop. This would be Spectrum Collision or somewhere else. If they fuck up, their margins are so high they'd be willing to redo the work to your satisfaction.

Bottom line, don't go into Jack in the Box and expect a decently cooked Filet mignon because they just won't have it. Even if you offered to pay $35 they still won't be able to offer you the proper filet mignon like Ruth Chris'.
Appreciate 0