Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Typical FBO car can get away with the ACT clutch. For those with meth or seeking upgraded turbo's down the road they might want to look into a stage 2 or 2+ from spec.

Don't forget their is also clutch masters fx100 or 300.

I can't talk from personal experience on those clutches with this platform so I usually judge by what people are using on the platform and their experiences but you need to take into consideration the driving habits of the person, and who did the install. I've seen cases where bad installs, or abusive drivers can mislead people into thinking one clutch is bad, when it might not have been the clutches fault.

However, all clutch companies do have incidents where they may be defective although that is rare.

The most popular is probably the ACT clutch, it's also the cheapest option, but there are some complaints about a low pedal feel, which some people might not mind.

The spec in the stage 2 and 2+ is very drivable and has a little bit more capacity in the torque rating. Shiv is one of those people I go to as he's had the stage 2+ on his car for 40,000 miles on his single turbo car!

We all know his car gets some abuse so that does say something about the performance capability, the abuse it can take, and how long it can last.

But like I said previously pick a clutch based on your power goals (torque) and listen to what other people are running, why, how the drive the car, and who installed the clutch. Take any advice on forums with a grain of salt.
Thanks for the very detailed response. This reply has helped me choose, and i hope it helps others as well!