View Single Post
      02-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #15
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Yahoo do you mean BMC?

Creepy, I don't ignore your advice lightly - but I understand the whole oil thing is very much a thing of the past - BMC and K&N both claim their panel filters are serviceable with soap and water I believe.

Drunken Monkey - if you want to speak to someone about Downpipes etc, speak to Evolve - they have them on the shelf today along with an excellent remap.

You will notice the biggest bang for buck with a remap on it's own by a million miles. If that is what you need after two years, go for that.

If a change in sound is what your looking for, then there are other options which might still be better than downpipes like a BMWP exhaust. The power gained from either on it's own for the price would be miniscule vs a remap from any supplier.

I personally am going for the Evolve stage 3 all in one go - because I know if I can get 390bhp for £500, I will never justify the other £2500 for another 70bhp later (for downpipes, intercooler etc) but it sounds like you want a milder state of tune.

I THINK Evolve are close to being able to offer a switchable map for the x35i too - that might be all you need to get the map you want and still have the peace of mind from being able to switch back. I don't think it is ready yet though.

Matt
Appreciate 0