07-12-2006, 05:45 AM   #17
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE
Definitely worth upgrading the speakers as the standard ones in the saloon are really poor.

I would get them to hold he car back a month to get the new engine, it is meant to be a peach.
Spoke to me dealer and my car is non-spec changeable - they already fixed the build date which will be wk 31. This means my car will be with them 1st week in August, but I'll wait till 1st week Sept for the new reg.

So no hifi speakers (nevermind I'll have a straight 6 to listen to).

On the subject of the DI they said BMW UK confirmed release of the following new engines yesterday:

335i coupe
328i coupe
330i coupe

also something about a new 325d I think.

Anyway - no announcement about a new engine for the 330i saloon so even if I didn't have a build date I wouldn't know how long to delay. Looks like the sequence will be 335 coupe and 328 coupe on the 23rd Sept, then the 330 coupe sometime after, with the saloon engine updates bringing up the rear - probably into October at the earliest.

So I am where I started - which is OK 258 bhp 3.0l straight six plus a six speed manual - sounds fun enough for me.

I always new about the 335i - so I was prepared for my car not to be top of the 3-series line up in a couple of months.
Appreciate 0