NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
I agree...there is a car for everyone. The price gap is more than justified by the things that the Porsche has IN SPADES over ANY BMW and cannot put a price on.

Sorry, but Ive actually driven both cars back to back, the M3 is faster, especially once you reach 80+ mph, 1M doesnt stand a chance.
Yea, yea...with a tune...blah blah blah. If youre looking for a fast straight line car, neither is the answer. Go buy a corvette grand sport for 50k and it will destroy both and a tune wont help you against one of them either.

The M3 is a more complete car and work well for me. I dont care if its the fastest or best handling car out there, because its not...but it puts a smile on my face when that v8 is singing at 8400 rpms.

This. Ill take the sexy curves of the cayman S over the awkward looking 1M any day. I do think the 1M has some good angles, but IMO the cayman S/R just look much better.
You have driven a 1M..? Also If I have the $$$ I will buy the M3 over the 1M.

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0