View Single Post
      01-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #105
Farmer dave
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330d M-sport saloon

Briers, have you had any luck getting to the bottom of the TC problem? I've been switching between summers/winters for 3 years now and I get exactly the same problem as you.
From my experience it's nothing to do with the temperature or road conditions or driving beyond your/your car's limits, there's some kind of technical issue that upsets the TC when I switch from 255 summers to 225 vred wintac xtremes.
On a stretch of road I can switch the TC into DTC mode and there's all the grip you'd ever need. Leave the TC on though and it interferes constantly. For example I can put the cruise control on at 60 and if I try accelerating with the cruise control stalk that's enough to get the TC flashing and deactivate the c-control - that's really not heavy acceleration!

Frustratingly it's not like that all the time, some days it's fine, other days in identical road/weather conditions it'll barely give me 10% power.

For reference I'm no stranger to winter driving, living on a hill farm in the peak district we get 11 months of winter and 1 month of bad weather. Thats enough snow & ice driving in a whole range of cars and tyres to know that this TC problem isn't me pushing the vreds beyond their limits, there's a gremlin somewhere in the TC system that doesn't like this set up.

Cheers

FD
Appreciate 0