View Single Post
      07-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #11
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by incablue View Post
you want to use one of your routers as intended, ie as a router, the second router you will want to use as a wireless access point (you don't want it to 'route' any traffic).
the setup should be:
VM modem --->wan port of router 1. lan port of router 1 --->homeplug ---> lan port of router 2

Turn off DHCP from the second router (make sure there's only one dhcp server, in your case the first router), else you'll get loads of weird behaviour.
So, in this scenario, only one router would have wifi turned on, is this what you mean by turning off DHCP? For me, I don't think this would achieve anything because the room where the modem is doesn't have any devices that need to be hard wired. This being the case, couldn't I just ..

Modem --> Home PLug --> old Router (router now being in the position of my choice, and new router not being used as from my testing seems worse than the old one, even though it's an N!)

PS, I don't have a superhub, it's just a D-link N router Virgin sent me.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0