cobradac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 645Ci Coupe

Garage List
2005 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCE90DRIVER View Post
After weeks of rebooting by itself my iDrive finally stopped working all together. It was dead. I actually got an appointment the FOLLOWING DAY at Hassel BMW in Freeport NY. They tried to re program the car but it would "not accept" it. So a new "CCC" unit was ordered and installed the next day. They had my car a total of 1 1/2 days. Since the old Nav disc was stuck in the old DVD drive I also got the new 2007-2 Nav disc !!
I must say that the new iDrive software is MUCH more user friendly and a bit faster with MANY improvements. (I have yet to discover all of them, it's only been 3 days) But the fonts and colors alone are much more appealing.
BMW is certainly on the right track with this revision. If you can get the update by all means do !
By the way, how do I access the software version number ?

(Actually, the 2 year lease is up in March and I will be ordering a 335i coupe)
You do not "access" the version number. What you use is the very nice copy of the Measures Plan or Final Report that you certainly asked to be provided to you, right? From that you will find the new (as well as the old one you were on) Target Data Status, and from that we translate into the PROGMAN version. Simple, eh?
Appreciate 0