07-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #2045
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
I'm a fan aswell, and i hope he comes back strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
its been a couple of days and im still at a loss for words

props to Weidman, Anderson didnt show him the respect a fighter of his caliber deserves and paid for it dearly, which really sucks cause he seemed to have the fight under control up until that point

I hope the rematch does happen and soon!
I feel the same way mate. Full credit to CW, he earned the win and I think he will go on to be one of the best MW's. I agree with you, he should have shown a bit more respect, I think he's become too confident when he keeps the fight on the feet.

Renzo Gracie said he could see CW tiring after he got up from the failed sub attempt in 1st round and I thought the same thing, although I thought AS was tiring as well. I think CW put everything into that 1st round and had him in the best position and AS stuffed the takedowns in 2nd round. AS was really in a perfect position to finish if he was a bit more cautious.

I read a comment on one of the UG forums of someone saying something along the lines of "I'm going to go out there and do whatever I want, if it's good enough that's great, if it's not then it's too bad". That's certainly how it came across to me, not only in the fight but leading up to the fight too.
Appreciate 0