View Single Post
      02-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #1335
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I know I posted about this very same thing at least twice - where someone should get in touch with appropriate person and get a 'Coding' section put in under the Technical Forums with different sub-forums under just as you mentioned. Generally There were no replies

I'm sure some moderator is viewing this thread and has seen such posts, but I have heard nothing.

I'm still not quite sure how the forum looks at this thread - sometimes they get funny about detailed threads such as this with file downloads, explicit instrucions, etc. that teach members how to do something that paying forum sponsors offer...

There will ALWAYS be those that this is just to complicated, don't want to take the time to learn, don't feel comfortable coding, etc that will search out the experienced sponsors to do it for them. And then there will be the adventurous

I know I taught myself how to tune my GM cars using HPTuners with alot of credit going to the tuning forums within LS1Tech, LS1.com, and just plain ole' fashioned trail & error.

Those forums had many paying sponsors that did tuning, but they had no problem with setting it up for regular members to discuss in earnest.

Actually, the moderators on this forum are fairly ez going and not too many rules - I hardly ever see any intervention by moderators for any reason. The aforementioned GM forum moderators were hell on wheels some times.

Tuning the entire engine operating parameters on those cars was way more involved/dangerous than this simple 'On/OFF' coding.

Toughest part in this was the parameters being in German - you'd think after 4yrs of German language lessons, working/interacting with Germans every day for 6yrs, I would have retained something. But after all that, only aspects I'm versed in is counting & swearing

Setting this up is not something the average member can do - it will need the approval of forum moderators and setup by them.

It would simply be nice if we could get either a 'Yay' or 'nay' as to whether this is possible, or whether they look at this as stepping on sponsors toes...

I personally don't have the slightest idea as to whom to even contact with the proposal
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0