View Single Post
      05-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
mattmilsom
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

E90 Aftermarket Head Unit - Help Please

Hi, I’m after some help with fitting an aftermarket head unit to my 2006 E90.

Apologies, as I know this is often asked and I have spent days trying to find the answer from other posts.

The car is non i-drive, no Bluetooth or nav, fitted with BMW professional radio. Standard speaker system – hence why I want to change.

I have bought an Alpine CDE-113BT head unit.
I have also bought an autoleads PP99-X85 canbus steering wheel adaptor with Alpine patch lead and Connect 2 CTRBM001 Reverse sensor interface.
I have also had to buy an antenna adaptor (Fakra to ISO) PC5-101.

With everything connected up, the unit powers up fine with reinstated reverse tone and no dash warnings, but I’m having several issues:

Firstly, I can’t get any reception on the tuner – it’s as if the antenna isn’t even plugged in.

Secondly the steering wheel controls don’t work, despite the adaptor.

Thirdly with so much wiring, it won’t all fit in the space!

Does anybody have any idea why this isn’t all working? Does the E90 have a powered antenna? (I haven’t got a sharkfin). Having trawled the ‘net for answers I thought it would all be sorted provided the unit powered up alright.

Are there any other harness adaptors that would correct the problems I’m having? Has anybody had any success with this sort of setup? What about this adaptor: CTSBM005 / CTRBM005.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ctsb...l-adaptor.html

Any help/ advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Matt
Appreciate 0