View Single Post
      04-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #17
theratchet
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i - 6 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
Do you have lemon law in your state?
This is what I dug up on CO's lemon law (or lack there of on used cars). The dealer I bought it from offered a warranty, but I declined; thinking the BMW warranty was still valid for a bit and I didn't know it was tuned (I don't think they did either).
Lemon Law for Used Cars in Colorado

Colorado's Lemon Law does not cover used vehicles, and vehicles are usually sold "as is." However, there are several other types of laws that can be used to help you in the event you discover that you've bought a used car lemon. First, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has what's called the Used Car Rule that requires dealers to provide consumers with a Buyer's Guide with warranty and other types of information. If the dealer has in any way failed to abide by the FTC Used Car Rule, you may have the basis for a legal claim.

Second, each state has what are called Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP) laws. If the dealer has, for example, made verbal promises or didn't tell you about issues relating to your used car, you may have a cause of action. Third, Colorado's version of the Uniform Commercial Code may provide you with relief. Finally, the Truth in Lending Act and the Federal Odometer Act might also be valuable in obtaining lemon justice.
Appreciate 0