Xens
Eh
Rep
Drives: Is Turbo'd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYRIIDE1113
i still cant believe a lot of u guys are having trouble with this and are blaming it on waxing a windshield.

and just to clarify, aio is a strong chemical cleaner with protective acrylic properties (sealant) not wax. rainx is the same thing.

not sure about u guys, but when i purchased my e90 330i it had hardwater stains all over the windshield, back glass and sunroof.

i cleaned it all up with some clay, water/vinger, and aio. left my windshield sparkling and beading water very nice. also made my wipers work BETTER as they easily lifted and swept water off the windshield much easier.

its like blaming a wax for leaving a hazy residue, not lasting a good while, or not looking like u thought it was, when in reality it was the fact the u didnt do proper prep on the paint first.

car detailing, including glass, is about process and patience and i doubt grabing and applicator and rubbing some aio in a circle over the windshield was gonna make it perfect...

as an example: would u guyz use zaino without preping the finsh first? no, why? because sal zaino said so. well toher than the fact that he says so, its because polymer sealants need a clean surface to bond. sal zaino uses dawn (even tho i think dawn should be left in the kitchen and isnt strong enough to remove acrylic selants as well as a simple paint cleaner polish would) because of its high alkaline properties that disolve waxes. leaving a clean slate. well same with glass. same with dressing tires, same with conditioning leather, same with everything when it comes to automotive detailing. its all about prep, and without that u got nothing.

sorry for the rant guys, i know im fairly new to posting information on the boards here, its just i feel, some are taking a wrong road in the direction to detailing and making their rides nice.
Well, first you said that's not AIO but my wiper blades being old when it's not the case. Then you suggested that I leave AIO off of the front windshield and were "sorry that AIO didn't work for me."

Neither time did you offer any other suggestion to actually make AIO work like you thought it should. So here I am, what are the procedures of properly preparing the front windshield so AIO will "make the wipers work better"? Thanks.
Appreciate 0