Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Car went in today for new rear tyres.
We have a company account with ATS who, it has to be said, have always been excellent in the past.

However, on picking my car up this afternoon (I had to leave it with them the whole day after they discovered one of the tyres was delivered damaged, necessitating a run from Park Royyal to Birmingham for the branch manager) I noticed a number of marks on te wheels.

Given the timings involved I had to get home so we've parked the discussions for tomorrow. I am of the opinion that the wheels should be unmarked, as they were when it went in. Am I right in thinking this is a fair assumption?

I can't see a refurb being much good - my wheels are diamond polished, which means 2 new wheels.

I'm not having much luck with this car;
8 weeks in it's had one windscreen, a scratch on the door, I've been rammed in the arse (and not by Will in the biblical sense) and now I've had both tear wheels lunched.
Sounds hugely familiar to me and my 335i.

When I bought the car the tyres needed replaced and it was part of the agreement. It however took a few weeks over the holiday period for the tyres to arrive and find a suitable date.

The garaged damaged my rims in the process but I did allow them an attempt to fix them which they failed badly at.

I was pushing for new wheels and they were not having any of it.

I contacted the finance company for assistance who then sent an engineer out to look at the wheels.

His report was although the wheels were poorly done there was no justification in replacement as they could be repaired.

Looking through various websites for wheel refurbishment myself, it does seem a number of them claim to be able to achieve a diamond cut finish.

Looks like you might have to settle for a repair.
Appreciate 0