View Single Post
      07-14-2005, 04:07 PM   #124
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

lol. I (soon) drive a 320d. In south africa, although being one of the more popular models, it's surely not a 330i. I could debadge it, but to try and debadge it so seem more powerfull or what is going to do me nothing, you can see/hear/feel it's a diesel. I could have easily bought a 325i and a 330i is just not in my legue, doesn't make me any less of a person though.

After ALOT of consideration, I have decided to leave the badge on my 320d for now. If i later decide to mod it a bit, and get the schnitzer chip which increases the power and the torque, i will debadge it. Not because I am embarrassed, but because it's no longer a stock 320d.
I am proud I bought a diesel car. I LOVE READ LOVE!!! the 330nm of torque, it has plenty of power and is a very nice car. I am not ashamed one bit I cannot afford to spend the R360 000 a 330i would have cost me with similar extra's and I also don't think people that debadge are anything less.

People who debadge their cars because they feel inferior, well shame for them. You shouldn't be buying a car to be superior. People who debadge a car because they think it looks clean and nice...good for you...you must do what YOU want. It's YOUR car. As far as things go though, I'm sure we will see alot more of the lesser models debadged then the bigger ones, but that's just the facts of life. Some people are jelous they couldn't get a bigger car, or want to pose. If they do, it's their issue and none of us, or anyone should really care about it.

I don't!
Appreciate 0