View Single Post
      06-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravediggingaditch View Post
I'm going to second part of what doubedoutbimmer said - but in an different sense. I don't think you were being ungrateful or unhappy with what you got and you probably really want to know how you did.

First I'll say congrats on the new ride. . . . and it sounds like you did a great deal negotiating. Good job.

Your question comes up quite frequently on these forums. I never really understand it - I can understand asking before you sign the contract, in an effort to figure out what you should be aiming for. But there are soooooo many variables that it makes this issue really pointless. . . especially after the fact. Leasing, Buying, Financing, Economics, Style of Car, If its in stock, politics, desperation of salesman, etc, etc, etc. In any event, asking this question in this forum - you are going to get a range of replies that won't tell you anything really. There will be people that will be rude, and there will be people that lie. There will be people that will tell you that they got X% under Invoice and some of them will be telling the truth. . . .and some wont. There will be people who will have paid more and then there will be those who paid less. No matter what though, you've done what you've done and paid what you paid. This question can come up and bite you in the ass and make you feel like crap . . . but I would guess if you paid MSRP for the car, you wouldn't be posting this here because you should already know you probably could have gotten a better deal - although maybe not. Not sure if you are looking for some sort of satisfaction from knowing if you did a good job on negotiating, but looking here for isn't always the best idea IMO. If you need to come here to find out how you did, or if you are coming here to boast about your success, it doesn't matter (and I'm not saying you are boasting - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are genuine). . . .and I absolutely do not mean to offend you in any way. Anyways, congrats on your buy man. Good luck with everything and enjoy it.

For me? I guess I just don't understand it - why people ask this question. Sorry for ranting on your thread.

Congrats again. and welcome to the forums.
Appreciate 0