Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by moveson View Post
OK, so I've been reading up on the many posts on Powerbox and similar mods. They claim increased bhp/torque, no reduction in fuel economy, and no other apparent problems. As always when something seems too good to be true, I have to assume that...it is too good to be true. The thing is a replacement chip, so the parts can't cost anything. So why wouldn't BMW install it to begin with? Someone in a garage in Simi Valley is so much smarter than everyone in Munich, that BMW just can't figure out how to duplicate the effect?

Please help me understand this. I want to believe...so much...that I can add 10 horsepower for $280 without any negative effects...but I can't. Both physics and economics scream out: "Highly unlikely."

Anyone else having a trial of faith?
This entire stupid rant could've been completely avoided had you done more reading. Besides, if you're freaking out about a piggyback that actually changes AFR values claiming to increase power, I can't imagine how you feel every time you see a K&N air filter claiming to add 14 horsepower.

Good luck to you.