04-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #145
jjellyneck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecbain View Post
Hello,

I've read through pretty much the entire thread as well as other ones in regards to suspension reviews, however I'm still not sure what the best option would be for me, I need some help.

My passengers front suspension is blown, we have pretty bad roads here in Montreal, so it's probably a good idea to replace the suspension on all 4 corners.
  • Budget: <1000$ with shipping
  • Important: Comfort
  • Lowering: Anything between 0-1"
  • Handling: Seriously for road use, even stock suspension is good enough for me, yes there's some body "roll", however I know how to work with it as the car is well balanced.

My Options:

1. Buy a used suspension (either stock or sport): don't really like this option as most used ones are probably blown or worned out as my own suspension, I would rather buy new, however there can be had some great deals.

2. H&R Cup Kit (the less aggressive version): From what I've heard this seems like a good option, most people say it doesn't impact comfort as much, however is that actually true? can somebody here please give me some feedback about the comfort level on less than perfect roads when compared to stock suspension?

3. Bilstein HD shocks & Sport Springs or my own stock springs: This would be a little bit less lower than the H&R Cup Kit, however is it also more comfortable? If not it would be less "trouble" to just get the H&R kit I suppose

4. Same as the above blistein set-up but with the KONI FSD instead, a little bit more expensive, not sure it's worth it... and the kit with the H&R springs or Eibach is over 1000$

5. ST Coilover (like the kw v1): As it's only adjustable in height, I'm afraid the shocks/struts are set firmer by default than the other options mentioned, so comfort would suffer. Also, I don't care much about being able to adjust the height as I'll keep it at the "highest" setting available anyway

Any other options? Please remember my main concern is to keep comfort level as much as possible as stock and not to low.

Thanks for any feedback
My tendency would be to install (buy if needed) springs from the sport suspension and install with Koni FSD.
Appreciate 0