View Single Post
      05-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #22
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
how much info do you have on those drag radials? 24 PSI seems like a lot, I used to run 15 PSI in my drag radials (different car) but the 18-20 psi range seems to be a sweet spot for those Hoosiers. FWIW, I had slightly better 60' times on stock runflats with much less power, so the time is definitely there to be picked up if you put in some time practicing the launch. Do you think you are getting enough heat into the tire? I bet with the right combination of pressure and heat you would be surprised by how much you can get out of those tires, they are sticky enough to put 3300 lb Mustangs into the 1.2-1.5 60' club so you can definitely get into the 1.8s with some work, maybe even better. A couple PSI can make a huge difference in those.

With that said, this is pretty awesome. Wouldnt mind going 12.1 in mine...
Thanks.

Well ... I'm a novice at this. I've done less than 10 pulls at the track. Think your suggestion for lower pressure is good. I'll be going to lower psi from the start the next time I try. I drove to the track with the tires on and they were at 40 psi for the drive. Lowered them to ~30 psi for the first 2 launches before lowering psi even further for that last run. I don't like practicing this kind of start as it seems really hard on the vehicle's drivetrain...

It seemed to grip much better on the last run. This could be due to the lower psi or doing a dry burnout pre-launch as opposed to going thru the water box and doing a burnout like I did on the first two. Not sure what your experience is on this? Water box or no water box?

Might start out at ~20 psi next time. Hopefully I can align schedule/wxr/track openings again sometime soon.
Appreciate 0