M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I still think you should have your alignment checked.

If you have insufficient or no front toe-in, for example, then the car will be difficult to maintain straight ahead and be very sensitive to even tiny inputs which may give the impression of over assistance.

Equally insufficient rear toe-in will make the car less stable at speed too.

For the £50 or so I'd get it checked first.

In the opposite way to you, it transformed my E91 when I had it done last year as the rears had way too much toe in which dulled the steering speed terribly.

Correct settings made all the difference.
Fully Agree

I had my alignment done on the M3 after it was lowered. The factory had done a pretty poor job at setting it up and the car had lots of toe in causing dull steering feel BUT highly stable at motorway speeds.

They dialled out a lot of the toe-in which made the care turn in fantastically, it really felt very alive around the twisties, but at the detriment if straight line stability on the motorway. Steering felt very light and needed continual adjustments of the wheel to keep the car straight.

I went back and settled on a compromise between the two settings and the car was then spot on.

I would almost certainly say that the issue the OP has is to do with alignment, and prob due to very little or no toe in (it may even be toeing out!)

The OP doesn't own an F10 so cant see how this problem can be compared? BMW is sending all F10's out like this, no other E90's are generally suffering so not a 'design' or 'factory' fault so to speak.
Appreciate 0