tdekany
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 VR6 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSandman View Post
Awesome forum here, folks.

I live in the san francsco bay area and have had my first BMW now for exactly 1 week. I'm a bit confused about how to care for it for the next few months until its time for a full detail. I took it right from the dealer and they prepped it (had no idea there was a down side to that).

Now its time for a wash. To be honest this forum has made me terrified to take it to ANY carwash for fear of what could happen. I used to always hand wash my cars as a kid but have no detailing experience at all.

Am I good to just wash (or ONR) and go for the next few months or should I be using some additional protectants after every wash? When it comes time to detailing, I think I can handle the processes outlined in the stickies. Its what to do in-between detailings that has me confused and afraid to do anything or fear of the dreaded f-up.

Your input and advice are greatly appreciated (in advance)!

MVS
Congrats for getting a good color. It will be easy to maintain. Did the stealership induce any swirls? Look at then paint in the sun.

READ!!!!!

Be gentle when washing/drying it and have someone polish it and wax it for you right away.

www.tdekany.com
Appreciate 0