View Single Post
      12-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #7
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
As much as we talk about water pumps around here...

Dude this is a classic case of a water pump failure. When the warning symbol went red you should have stopped the car, turned off the engine, not driven it and inch further, and called a tow truck. Hopefully you have not seriously overheated the engine and damaged the head, head gasket, or even the block. BMW inline six cylinder engines do not like to be overheated.

If you had bothered to read the owners manual it clearly states that whenever a warning symbol goes red, immediately stop and turn off the car and call for assistance.

Go to the maintenance section of the Forum and search on water pump and read up on what you are up against.

Good luck.
Had the symbol stayed red I would have. However upon turning the heat on max the light immediately went away and never came back I nursed it home under 3k rpm.

Had it come back I would have stopped immediately but it didn't.
6MT Sport Pkg | BMW Perf. Pedals | BMW Perf. SSK | CF Steering Trim | BMW Performance Black Gloss Grilles | M3 Rep Bumper | Muffler Delete 2.5"| Charcoal Delete + K&N Drop In | CDV Delete | Clutch Stop | Active Autowerke Stage II Tune | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts | 18" Gunmetal CSL Reps | BurgerTuning Spacers | Staggered Ventus V12's | ATE Super Blue & Hawk HPS | Blacklines | GP6K Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0