Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826
E92 guys.

We're lucky.

I'm doing the install as we speak (for two E92s) and we are just slightly different.

We don't need a prying tool, spatuala, etc. to remove the rear dome. Just use your fingers and it literally pops off with very little force (In fact too little, makes me scared that it can just fall off during a hard bump. Easy to remove on two different E92s). No one mentioned it to me but that plug to take out of the rear dome plug holder is a BITCH!

We do not need to remove that brake resoirvor cover, it's already been taken out and lined up to that star pattern screw in hole. Make sure not to try and take the plug out of the actual hood switch, but the plug on the connector on the car. I tried and unfortunetely succeeded taking out the actual hood switch plug and it was a big mistake.

I'm still trying to install the siren, need to figure out how to jack up the car safely.
Apparently we're very UNLUCKY. I agree the installation on my 335i was more simple (took me bout 20 minutes). My clown nose blinks, but of course the panic, motion, hood etc. doesn't work.

However, my dealer wants $180 for the activation! I told them a member paid only $50 for their activation and the SA tells me that the 335i is more complicated (its iDrive is based on the current 5-series and 7-series) than the previous E90s and requires two hours for a software download. That's highway robbery! It's not like the tech has to stare at my car for two hours during the download!

Just out of principle I can't bring myself to pay someone for two hours of labor to stare at a computer screen while a software is being downloaded.

Any recommendations on more sensible dealers in Socal or anywhere else (I could use the vacation ) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers