09-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #39
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddas View Post
Maybe some can get by installing an easy piece.

I don't care who you are, if you do not have experience, a complicated bumper or even mirror will eat you alive. It's not just about patience or common sense. Some of it is outright counterintuitive. Nothing is impossible but it is very unlikely you will end up with an install as good as an experienced professional.
I get your point. I didn't want to take on a bumper or mirror either, but then I had it done by a professional. I also, however, only had the roof, hood and trunk done. I suspect anyone could probably handle two of those three, although I had the installer wrap the hood piece under the hood so I would have no visible sign of the bra's being there. Ditto the trunk and hood.

My bumper is plastic and though I doubt that'll stop stones and whatnot from marring the paint, in all the time I've had my E92, I haven't had any stones damage it. So I wouldn't do the bumper anyway for that reason as well as bumpers are, well, bumpers. Their purpose is to bump into things. I can live with a few scratches and marks on them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0