09-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #300
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I attended Joey G & VAC Open Track day today on NJMP Lightning. It was a blast. Open track all day, we had insane cars including a prototype, a NASCAR, a radical, and everything in-between. Serious shit. Video review sessions of several corners and there was a skid pad car setup for a car control clinic, I spent some time in that. Very cool.
The quality of drivers was so impressive. I was one of the very few without a competition license - I got noticed though and fit in just fine! We had 34 cars total. Two of the times I went out, I had the track completely to myself.

I am now running on 18x9 OZ Racing Alleggerrita wheels with 245F/265R BFG R1 tires. There is a leaving curve for R comps but they are the next level.

Aaron Povoledo was there and I got a personal 20-min session ... what an honor. He did a 1:14 on Lightning in my car!!! I am just a few seconds off that

Here's a pic of me and VAC's E92 on the track doing a lead-follow this morning (photo courtesy of Wind Shadow Studios ... awesome photographer .
Very impressive, sounds like you had a lot of fun.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me that you have some data to share with us and/or some video of the 1:14 lap (ideally showing driver inputs). This is a great chance to find more time around that track with our particular cars. Beers on us of course!!!
Appreciate 0