View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Yea after looking into it I think i'll be going with the griots although one of my friends wants to sell me his Flex. The deal he's offering is $220 for his flex with 10 lake country hydrotech pads... I've been trying to get him down to $200 though

Edit: What does everyone think of the deal on the Flex I posted above? Also for compound/polish what do you guys think of the M105/M205 combo? I've heard good things about it although my friend with the flex says he prefers menzerna
For $200 with all the pads is a great deal. Why is your friend selling it???? Is he upgrading it to the Rupes????

The Flex 3401 is a great machine but it is a force rotation polisher. If you are new to machine polishing....you might find this machine to be a bit hard to deal with. The power it provides allows you to tackle just about anything but it has a steep learning curve. If you have the basics down from a DA then this is a machine you graduate to. Many novices jump to this machine without the solid fundamentals and soon discover the unforgiving nature of the 3401 (they claimed that it walks on them). As for me....I love it. I can practically stand on it and it will still spin. Ever since I got the Flex, my Makita rotary has been on the side line and my PC 7424XP has been demoted to a wax spreader. My GG still see some action but rarely.