View Single Post
      04-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbart View Post
About 8 months ago I installed an AFE aftermarket cold air intake on my 2006 330xi. Worked fine and never really gave it a thought until recently I figured I should do something about the 8 month old filter. I ordered a pre oiled filter from AFE and installed it. Right away I had problems with the idle and lean running faults for check engine light on. I've cleaned the MAF numerous times and that doesn't seem to help. I even got a guy at work who has a car like mine to let me swap in his MAF sensor and still my car has the same problem even with his MAF sensor. The filter that I put in does not appear to be over oiled and when I've cleaned the MAF there is no visible oil or film on it or anything. They also make a dry filter for this intake. My plan is to order a dry flilter and give it a try? I just can't figure out what the problem is? Any ideas?
Yeah drop the AFE crap.. Put your stock box back in just cut out the carbon filter. Your problems should be solved at that point. Once your good to go you can also replace the stock box filter with a K&N drop in. I had the AFE too, the sound it makes is awesome but it gave me a lot of engine running rich codes and made my car sluggish as hell on take off.
Appreciate 0