mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedGaren View Post
Thanks for posting Miroslav.
Very clean install and straight forward I got a question.
Did you remove charcoal filter on the back half of the intake box or you left it alone?
If bmw decided that keeping the box instead open filter, there must be a good reason.
Great job on install and writeup!
I wonder if its possible to make a knock off?
Yes, we removed the charcoal, or some call it the carbon filter, behind the air filter. There is a very good reason BMW engineers, and Dinan engineers stick with a closed box design!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iBaller View Post
Is this ram intake available for 335i?
Is the bmw intake available for the 335i yet?
No, this is exclusive to the NA N52 Engine, 330, 325 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamibusta69 View Post
so the dinan kit has to be moddified to your stock intake?
Yes, you use the stock air box as part of the design.
shit i could get those pieces made for under 100 bucks.
Yes, you use the stock air box. Dinan has you cut a portion of the box by using a template, and then fit a the platic tube with rivets which is where the tube feed a greater volume of air to the box. And yes it doesn't look like much...or cheap...or like you can make one yourself...but you have to consider what it was designed to do, and how. A GT2 LeMans race car doesn't have the prettiest engine bay, interior, or wheels, but it's how they perform that matters most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN BMW View Post
Nice Pics! I've been on the fence about getting either the Dinan or the BMW Performance intake. I'm leaning towards the BMW due to my extended warranty. Plus, I can't come to grips with paying that much for, what looks like, some powder coated aluminum and dryer duct. But, If its as good as you say it is...maybe.
No doubt the BMW Performance Intake looks nice, but I actually like how this feeds more air at a greater volume. I'd go with either, but just happened to get a good deal on this. To my point above, it looks like a POS, but it's what it was designed to do. BMW engineers have more experience on building and tuning cars for me to question them...