View Single Post
      02-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #25
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
With all my respect to FLA, I’m still more impressed by good old “cheap” Ferrari 458 Italia, Auto Bild magazine did proper (same driver, same conditions) supercar test at Nurburgring and Ferrari 458 Italia was 6-seconds quicker:
7:32.92 Ferrari 458 Italia by Sascha Bert
7:38.85 Lexus LFA by Sascha Bert

I don’t really trust those manufacture conducted tests since they probably tweak the car to claim something like 5:54 Nurburgring time for better sales...

All that means is that Sascha Bert doesn't know how to drive (or didn't care to drive) the LFA to its fullest. He wasn't even in the ballpark of the LFA's official time (7:14).

And by the way, what you described isn't even a "same driver same conditions" scenario. Sascha Bert had run multiple attempts to get his 458 Italia time optimized, while he only drove the LFA one time. He did not drive them on the same day, either. That's about as far from "same conditions" as one can get.

Edit: Of course, "impressive" is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe you find slower nurburgring times (at half the cost) to be "impressive," in which case you'd be more impressed with the vastly slower 458 Italia.
Appreciate 0