footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Ya I guess thats your opinion. I have been on the track in ferraris too.. But did you just call a Ferrari a Kitcar...

Sorry but the sound and experience I have had with Ferraris is 10000000 times better than any porsche (I have not been in the CGT on the track).

Im 22 but I have had a lot of great people around me.. And I think this is all personal opinion.
Yeah it's my opinion, and the opinion of a racing instructor who's job was teaching guys who came on trackdays. We both had the very same opinion that once you disregarded to engine note and ignored to name what you were left with was something not as great as expected. Build quality isn't really that good and certainly not at the level of an equivalent Porsche.

Like I said, I haven't driven the latest ones so that opinion was based on past models but on each of those occasions I continued to compare the experience to a Porsche and in my humble opinion it didn't come close, especially when you took each to the track. For example, drive a 355 or 430 on the track and then drive a humble Cayman S on the same track, they are both mid-engined and yet the experience is so much better in the Porsche. It's why I rated the R8 so highly because it behaves so similar to a big Cayman.

Ferrari make special cars, no doubt in this but the sum of their parts aren't as special in my eyes as is with Porsches. Just look at the number of occasions Porsche win driver's car of the year and you will understand what I mean by this.
Appreciate 0