02-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I added the performance suspension kit with yellow springs (applicable to my specific model - 08 335i sdn w/sports susp. prod 6/08) back in Dec of 2008. I recently saw on Tischer's website that the current performance suspension kit replaces the "old" kit with about .5 inch lower springs. When did this new kit come out? Am I correct in understanding that the new kit has shorter springs than the old kit or was the old kit just shocks and dampers that worked with sport springs and I do have the newer kit already. (aka yellow springs)
Looks like you can order just the springs which I might do if they will give me another .5 inch drop.
Don't know exactly when the 'new' PS kit came out (2-3 yrs ago?). Ask Tischer.
Did you have to add the yellow PS springs to the perf susp you bought? The new kit comes w/yellow springs that drop ride height from ZSP ~.5" and comes with shorter bumpstops to be used w/those springs. The 'old' PS kit was just dampers and taller, firmer bumpstops designed to be used w/ZSP springs.
New PS springs won't give you a further drop. Ensuring you have the proper bumpstops with the yellow springs will give you the best ride quality.