View Single Post
      07-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #14
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

I had the same dilemma, as a company car.

I could get into a bog 330d, 325d SE with media prof/sports seats, or a 320d M sport with prof media, logic7 and bum warmers.

I test drove them all (and have owned a 335d).

For me the 18% tax bracket for the 320d and the fact it really doesnt sound like a diesel on the move made my mind up.

Today (on a quiet private 3 lane road) I saw 145 out if it with ease, and in the 8,600 miles I have done since 1st March I am showing 50.4mpg. 60mpg on a motorway cruise is easily done.

For me, the prof HDD media system and being able to send destination to the car from the pc, suck music onto the hdd and 24x7 concierge makes it a great business tool.

Logic7 is also great, and it really hustles along amazingly well for a 4 door 2.0d. I prefer the alcantara seats to leather (resale not a concern on a co. car).

My only gripe at the moment is the bluetooth with people complaining of the sound when I call them.

My only caveat to the above is that my wide and I also have the below on the drive so I have an alternative drive if I feel like some proper B road fun (997 3.8 S)....

Appreciate 0