gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
H&R Sport/Koni yellow review

First let me say thanks to Mike-y. I decided to do this myself this time (my third setup). And Mike helped me a lot.

This is something that everyone should do themselves. Takes quite a bit of time the first time but I could do this MUCH faster next time.

I installed the front wrong the first time. Didn't put bump stops in and I put the bottom washer in the wrong spot. I was stupid, got in a hurry when I was finishing up and guessed where the washers went after they popped off. I should have printed out the diagram. But oh well, I had to re-do the front today and now it's all good.

I had H&R Sport/Koni FSD first. It rode the same as OEM ZSP I would say. It didn't handle better. Then I had coils and it rode absolutely horrible.

This is the setup I should have gone with in the first place like most on here say. It rides WAYYYYYYY better than stock. It handles much better. It is a little more stiff yet takes any bump MUCH better than stock.

It doesn't handle quite as good as the coils did. But I haven't changed the settings yet. I bought these used and he said he had it 80% rear. I want to stiffen up the front some more. But I need you guys to help me out with that.

For ANYONE who is hesitant about this setup, don't be. If you want a better ride than stock with better handling and don't care about the height adjustability, this is for you. I paid about $700 total. I bought both used.

I am finally completely satisfied with how my car rides. I wish it was just a hair lower but it's still almost flush and I'm sure it will settle a little more.

I know there's been plenty of reviews of this setup before. I just wanted to share my experience....