Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
no

that's why i used to quotes.....

i know i need one and i want to buy one, but it will have to wait.

when i bought the bike, i rode it 3 weekends in a row.

last weekend i didn't ride it.

yesterday, i got home from work and decided to take it for a spin.

and by spin, i mean i drove it around the subdivision HAHAHA !!!!

i hit a blistering top speed of 39mph....
Nice...

Get that jacket when you can though.

The reason I asked my question is to instill awareness of all the possibilities on the road. If you ride prepared (i.e., with gear and as if every other idiot on the road is out to kill you) you'll get to do it for a lot longer than otherwise. Wearing proper gear is an extension of that attitude, which I think is important to survival as motorcyclist. You could be riding safe and at the speed limit etc., but it's not just about you on the road...

I got hit by a car at night on my way home from work once. It was just me and this other car on the road. I saw him making a left, then pausing as if he saw me (I flashed my highbeams at him), and as soon as I get in the intersection, he just goes! Gear definitely saved me a good amount of road rash and injuries in that one, although I still banged up my knee pretty bad - was wearing the riding jeans but they didn't have knee pads. Point of the story is I was aware, riding safely/not doing anything stupid, no one was around, etc., and it still happened.

Enjoy your ride man!
Appreciate 0