ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
Hi ozinaldo,

As Perreby already has mentioned you are right... the Alfa Romeo 4C's current versions, LE and standard, have an electronic diff only, much like the one in the BMW 135i.

However, like what happened with the BMW 1M which was introduced after the 135i, expect a “Racing”- track only and Stradale (in homage to its spiritual predecessor - the Alfa 33 Stradale) versions of the Alfa 4C which will produce around 270HP and most likely will be equipped with a mechanical limited slip diff as Pirelli developed 2 sets of tires for the 4C - 'Normal' and "Racing" and the latter remain yet to be seen in the current production models.

Nevertheless, even with the electronic diff you still can have a LOT of FUN (provided you have the necessary skills) :
Thanks, I don't doubt the base 4C's capabilities at all; in fact I have a thread in 1M section where I "promote" it as the most probable and deserving future replacement for my 1M, over many other cars including M2 or new Cayman. I am dying to read first reviews of this car.

I will probably wait for what you call the race version; maybe a 4C "Spyder" GTA or whatever they will call it, with close to 300 hp and lsd among other things (like fixed headlights as part of a LCI) Could pay happily more to that car than the actual prices for what we have now.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0