01-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Here we go again (MOT fail)...

The X3 is in for it's MOT today, at a dealer, and I've just received a call to say it's failed. Apparently both rear coil strings have snapped. Luckily these are covered under warranty so not an issue.

BUT, during the cold weather, the right headlight washer jet (and cover) pinged off the car. Was retrieved from the driveway so handed to the dealer today. I also noticed that the left hand headlight washer jet wasn't sitting properly on the bumper (was raised only a little but enough to notice) but thought nothing of it.

ANWAY, they've asked me to authorise an hours labour, at £140, to see what's going on. This COULD be covered by warranty but until they look at it they can't confirm one way or another.

So, could get £140 bill and it be sorted, or perhaps a higher bill if it takes longer than an hour, or no bill at all if covered.

I had the whole washer pipework changed under warranty about 6 months ago, which took 3 days, but this seems to be a seperate issue relating to the headlight washer jets.

Any ideas or thoughts - can't decided what to do (the washer reservior tank keeps emptying as I guess the water is flowing out of the missing front jet).

Should I be paying??? £140 sounds a lot with an uncertain bill at the end of it...

Note - I should point out I shouldn't have been so lazy and should have tried to fix the jet before taking it in but just assumed it would pop back on. Also, I am seriously thinking about changing the X3 for something more frugal, just weighing up the costs at the minute.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe

Last edited by rogerxp; 01-05-2011 at 05:21 AM..
Appreciate 0