Not Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325I

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by db17k
oooooohhhhhh!, alright i've been reading this detailing 101 thread for about an hour now and i just wanted to say i found this toward the end of the lesson, and it sort of justifies my logic, even though Diesel pointed out what i was doing wrong. so here we have both.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9145

so there, i'm not "completely" ignorant when it comes to washing a car
Your right in a sense. He is explaining that using quick detailer as a replacement for washing is not recommended, (something I agree with). The only point I am trying to make is this:

Swirl marks are inevitable. They can be dramatically reduced with the use of a double bucket system and micro fiber mitts and towels. So whether you are washing your car once a week or once every year your going to get swirls. The great thing is that there are products out there that we can use to detail our cars with, that if used correctly (no old college t-shirt applicators) can eliminate the swirls.

Better to wash more often then less. Swirls can be removed, things like baked on brake dust, bird poop, sap, and water spots can leave permanent damage on you cars finish if not removed with frequent washes.

And I don't think you are ignorant.

1/1/072/1/07
Appreciate 0