Thread: Braking Issues
View Single Post
      02-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

Braking Issues

Took my E90 335 in to check the brakes out. I have steptronic and about 15-20% of the time when I release the brakes, the car would lunge forward. There is some kind of delay when I release the brakes. Usually when you slowly release the brakes, the car moves gradually forward but mine hesitates, then jerks forward.
Anyways, I explained it pretty clearly to the SA and the punk says it's normal and part of the hill decent feature where the car brakes for you so you don't roll back. But my issue is on normal flat roads. If you can imagine, parking in my garage or in front of a wall is kind of scary because I might hit the wall. I'm used to it but any other driver will have a problem.
I also complained of some hard jerky shifting from 1st to 2nd gear on cold starts but the SA keeps insisting it's normal. The car is normal once it warms up so it's not as big a deal as the brakes.

I'm kind of frustrated at the SA and how he kept saying that it's normal for the E90's brakes to behave this way. I've never heard of anyone else having this issue on this forum.

Anyone else experience this???
Appreciate 0